Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am NOT a Bridezilla, I'm just confused.....


It's Thursday morning, just after 10:00 and although I should be reading the 9 chapters I was assigned for my class Tuesday night, I have wedding stuff on the brain and am finding it hard to concentrate. Part of me really wants to call my friend Val - the only bridesmaid I have right now that is still willing to talk wedding smack with me and not hate my guts for it. As for the rest of the girls, I'd be willing to bet they think I have become incredibly annoying, acting all bride-y and shit. Sadly, I don't have a lot of time to chat today and get the much needed phone therapy I desire. I have a doc appt at 2:00 and still need to work outbefore I go (although Josh and I did walk for 30 mins this AM in 22 degree weather....bbbrrrrr).
So, yes, it's true I'm having some issues with the bridesmaid dresses - as in I can't make a f-ing decision to save my life. The problem began back in the day when I started planning all of this stuff, I decided that I absolutely HAD to have silk shantung. It's shiny and rich looking, comes in amazing colors and photographs gorgeously. So what's the dealio, you ask? Um, it's a tad pricey.
And since I'm already asking people to travel far and wide and pay for overnight accommodations for a long weekend for this wedding, it seemed only fair to try and be as budget conscious about the dresses as possible. 
I've found a few that I thought would work but since I bought 144 teal votive candle holders, I am committed to teal as my color. But last night when my sister and Janet went to try on the dress that I thought would be "the one", let's just say it wasn't. The color was right but the style was all wrong. Suffice it to say I do not want my 7 bridesmaids to look like they are all with child. And that's precisely what this dress would do to them. And then they'd REALLY hate my guts.
So - on to plan B......find more teal dresses!!!! Preferably in taffeta....with the color erring on the dark side - in other words, not Miami Dolphins aqua.....
It is an October wedding after all - beach or no beach.
I told the girls I'd have my decision made last night and here I am, STILL all confused about what to do. I didn't dare e-mail them because #1, they are no doubt sick of my mass e-mails and #2 I am sure they are already talking crap about me anyway over this dress thing (hell, if I were them, I would). Josh has taken to calling me Bridezilla but I emphatically deny that I am anywhere near this level of pushy, bitchy, asshole brideness - I am NOT that bad. I just want what I want....and, I SUCK ass at making final choices. That doesn't make me a Bridezilla. What it does make me is irritating as all get out - but you know what? I can live with that.
Ultimately, to make matters simple, I could go with the Belsoie dress I originally had chosen but my sister revealed to me last night that it really wasn't her favorite and in all honesty, now that I have seen dresses on that have a fuller skirt, I tend to like that styling better.
Kill me now.
Are we beginning to understand why I eat?
Anyway, I'll get it all figured out eventually and I still have a bit of time to decide. I promise to not harass my b'maids until I do.
I'll give it some thought while I'm on the elliptical trainer.....




No comments:

Post a Comment