Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Off the Sauce


Oh glorious frigid Monday! 
I welcome you and your 16 degree temperature! You helped my body burn more calories on today's morning walk just to prevent me from turning into a human ice cube!
Hey - I'll take the calorie burn any way I can get it - even if it means subjecting myself to unbrrrrrlievably cold walks with Josh in the AM. 
I told you I was committed.
We've officially hit the 9 month mark here, people....there is NO messing around at this point.
I can feel the sand on my toes already.....aaaahhhhhhh. 
All in all, last week was a good one. I feel wildly rejuvenated in this new year/new me phase of life, and dare I say overly optimistic about what I can personally achieve in the next few months. I realized Josh and I will be getting our long overdue engagement session photos done in the early spring so I really have less time to get to what I feel is my comfort zone weight than I thought I did. At first I panicked but then, after chewing it over (did you know there are no calories in thoughts??), I just decided that I need to be even more focused and not let myself get lazy these next few months. With a dress coming in one size smaller, there is no wiggle room for lazy.
It's amazing that the no drinking policy I have enforced on myself is what is really bothering me this past week. I'm not saying I have an issue with alcohol (never mind bar photo above), but somehow watching the playoffs last night sans beer in hand, seemed a little - I dunno - wrong????
It's no exaggeration that since classes ended in the beginning of December, I may have partook in a bit more holiday cheer than let's say, the average elf, and while doing so completely ignored the fact that those Chelsea Sidecars I grew so fond of (damn you, Mr. Bostons Drink Guide), actually HAD (more than I care to know) calories in them! But, to be sure, by the time Josh and I were hanging our stockings by the (I wish) chimney with care on December 24, the affects of those oft ignored calories soon would be there. And by there, I mean nestled, all snug in my fat cells.....with visions of sugar plums, indeed. In fact, visions of ANYTHING with sugar, is more like it.
Bah Humbug I say!
So while my self inflicted sobriety streak is not my favorite part of this "lifestyle"plan, I feel it is a necessary one for now. And no, I don't need a 12 step program to help me through it, thanks.
With a loss of 1 and 1/2 lbs this week, I won't argue with results. And although it's not the kind of loss Josh usually experiences when he starts a health kick (uh, like 11 lbs in a week? I love him but SHIT!!! Come on!!! 11 freaking pounds?????), it is what my body feels I deserve and I won't complain. I look at it as a 1/2 lb more than what was on my list of goals. It is a positive - not a negative. I can keep this pace up. It doesn't scare me as much as hoping for a 2 lb or more loss every week and often being disappointed. The goal is 1 lb a week - anything more is a total bonus. 
This type of weigh loss plan is not only manageable, but it is also NOT overwhelming, which I think is key. After all, I certainly didn't feel like I killed myself this week to drop a pound and a half, but I was more conscious about portions and what I ate and of course then, there is the exercise. As much as I hate to say it, I do know in my heart of hearts that it is this element of the plan that is going to get me the results I want. (Sigh).
So, with that said, I have my walk in today but still need to get on the elliptical machine. One week in and I am not sick of it yet - it's a good sign!
I still have quite a bit of wedding stuff to tackle this week before school begins......but things are starting to take shape. Now only if my body will follow!



No comments:

Post a Comment