Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

It's working! It's really working!!!!!!


Oh Glorious, glorious Monday!
Why is it that I never said those words when I was a working woman?
Maybe it's the weather today that has me feeling so 'up and at 'em' this morning. Or maybe it's because I feel like for the first time in a loooooooooooooong time my diet attempt is actually WORKING?????
This is big news, folks.
Despite my attack on the WW points system last week, I am doing amazingly well on the plan. I am just shy of losing 8 lbs in just a little over 2 weeks. I'm actually the lowest I have been in what seems like forever and there is no stopping me now. This morning's weigh in revealed 218.75.....yes - in the teens - finally! It seems like this entire past year has been all about going up and down the 220's scale but I have broken that barrier and have no intention of going back.
Of course this is the week Aunt Flo is in town so who knows what havoc she will wreak on my poor body. One never can tell what that biotch will throw my way. Speaking of which, I really need to find the bottle of Aleve because right now, I think Aunt Flo is using my uterus for a punching bag. Told you she was a biotch.
Uterine pain and bloating aside, Josh and I have been consistent about our morning walks.....we've worked up to a little over 3 miles with the dogs - so while we aren't doing a super fast clip, it's still a good distance to go and therefore a good calorie burn. Hey, the soreness in my arse doesn't lie!!
Josh of course is making amazing progress - 15 pounds!!! I cannot compete with this man so I don't even try. We are just there to encourage and cheer on each other and keep each other from the evil magnetic powers of baked goods. We actually bought the WW 1 point cakes yesterday and laughed when we saw how small they are......seriously - it's not even worth the two bites they give you and as soon as I was done chewing, I just wanted to tear into the rest and eat the whole damn box. Oh well - moderation, right?
I did buy some sugar free Klondie bars yesterday that are so worth the 3 points they cost.....
What would I do for a Klondike bar??? Um, just about anything. Yes, they are that good.
Other than that, no new tales to tell. This is spring break week but I still have homework and mucho wedding stuff to take care of. 
Today is Josh and my 2 year dating anniversary.....we might be going to dinner but I think both of us are a little nervous about eating out. We went to Olive Garden with his parents on Saturday before we registered (SOOO much fun!!!) and were smart enough to print the nutritional info out before going there. Can I just say - Oh-My-GOD. No wonder this country is filled with obese people.
Josh and I ordered the only 2 meals at about 300 calories.....and I think even those were underestimated. Most of the meals (even for lunch) were in the 600 calorie - 1000 calories range. Yikes! 
I am just happy I enjoy cooking and have learned how to make healthy things.....I don't know how people can eat out all of the time. Not only is it expensive, but the quality of food just isn't there. 
Anyway - I'll get off my soapbox (for now).
Time to finalize the wedding guest list so my sister and mom can finalize some shower details. They have been driving me nuts!







No comments:

Post a Comment