Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sweat is a dirty word.....


Well, I know I'm out of shape but this is freaking ridiculous....
As I am sitting here typing this, I have rivers of sweat rolling down my chest and back and am pretty sure I smell on par with some sort of African wildebeest.
I should explain that it's not the typing activity that's got me all hot and sweaty - that would be pathetic.  But about 20 minutes ago I started doing Rodale's Wedding Workout for the lower body and ladies and gentleman, that shit kicked my ass.... and I wasn't even through 3 minutes of the cardio section. Now that is embarrassing.
I should have realized I wasn't up for the DVD's full kit and kaboodle when after only the warm up section, I felt like I had just run a half marathon. But I, brazen and bold, continued on to the lower body workout (not fully comprehending there was an additional cardio section following this particular round of thigh and ass torture) and suffice it to say it's been a hell of a long time since I have felt this sort of burn on certain parts of my body that this video touched upon today.
Sitting here at the safety of my laptop, I fear that if I start up the DVD again and attempt to finish this I may be incapacitated for the rest of the night, and since I have class, that would be a bad thing. 
Oh, who the fuck am I kidding?
I doubt I'd even be able to finish it.....seriously - my legs are completely gelatinous at the moment. Attempting to perform a lunge or squat right now holds a good chance of landing me in the hospital, as any moves testing my balancing ability would without a doubt cause me to careen into the sharp cornered coffee table. Hello Concussion -  here I come!!!
I'm still trying to wrap my head around why I chose this DVD over walking today. As Josh left for work this morning, in addition to his usual kiss goodbye, he gave me a verbal list of things he thought I should do today.
Not only should I have a good day (check!) but I should also get my reading done for school (check!), call the doctor (check!) and take a walk.....(Uh, whoops - no check???).
So after completing my philosophy reading which was a complete snoozefest, I figured I needed something to keep me from flat lining. It was at this time I recalled Josh's list and considered heading outside for my walk. 
Then I took a glimpse in the mirror.
A quick glance at my uncombed wild bird's nest hair, purple spandex shorts and ill fitting polyester lime green tank top caused me to re-evaluate my workout plan and I decided it might best serve the general public if I stayed in the privacy of my own home to exercise today.
That's when the wedding DVD caught my eye.....
My thighs are still begging for mercy.
But there is something good that came of this.....
I tried to exercise....relatively of my own free will. And I know that if I continue to do this daily it will get easier.
I'm holding fast at 223.6 lbs today and with less than 13 months to go until the wedding, I really don't have much of a choice. I will either be a fat bride or not but I know the choice is mine and mine alone.
So, beginning today, I exercise - whether it's 10 minutes or an hour and 10 minutes...I will do something. And I will try to keep it interesting.....and believe me, I am sure at the very least that I look rather interesting in some of these positions I have been forced to assume for these floor exercises. Me doing pelvic thrusts in purple spandex has no place in this universe....
Oh well....
It's almost time to attempt to climb the stairs and get into the shower.....the time to leave for class is fast approaching.
Legs, don't fail me now......





No comments:

Post a Comment