Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Temptation is a bitch


Well, it's less than one year away from the wedding....(OMfreakingG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
After having that special little fact sink in over the weekend, I began to mentally tally all of the shit I still need to tackle for this momentous event and uh, started to panic.....just a wee bit.
Things are getting ticked off the list but I know there is so much more to do and there are a bazillion and one details  am sure I have not even thought of ..... I really need to get a move on, in more ways than one.
Thankfully we were able to agree on a DJ this weekend (yes, we opted to go with poor man's Billy Dee Williams who in real life looks more like Wayne Brady and is super nice, by the way) but we don't yet have a baker or a florist.....so those are next on the list. Except before I can see a florist, I have to 100% know my colors and have my dress picked out.....Ugh.
Next weekend I have committed myself to begin dress shopping......I do not anticipate it being the time of my life. But it will reinforce this diet I am on so that is a good thing. This week, being back at home should be easy in terms of sticking to the foods I can have since we pretty much have zero temptation in the house at the moment (if you don't count the salt water taffy I bought to practice making the favors)....Unlike at the beach where temptation lurks around every freaking corner. And I do mean EVERY FREAKING corner.
Food wise, this weekend wasn't bad per se - but I also wasn't what you'd call the perfect dieting saint. My saving grace was Mel, Josh's mom who came uber prepared with lots of salad fixin's, veggies, and yogurt, nuts & fruit. I made healthy turkey chili to take along and over the course of the weekend, ate a shit ton of fiber in the way of beans. Unfortunately, I did not pack the Beano.
Need I say more?
I would have to say that over the three days we were away, I did GREAT during breakfast and lunch -  but, I will admit I had a couple minor slips ups.....ironically enough, more with sugar than grains. I have been Ok with staying away from bread, baked goods, etc.....but candy and ice cream are like two monkeys on my back that are constantly calling to me - especially when I am within eye-shot of Candy Kitchen or Kohrs Brothers......it's really amazing just how strong the cravings are. It's like the power of 1,000 woman hardcore PMSing.....no lie.
So my f-ups over the course of the weekend were having a small twist cone of ice cream, 2 pieces of Delmonico (mocha) candy and a few spoonfuls of saffron rice......oh, and a couple of Josh's Thrasher Fries because he dumped a bucket full of malt vinegar on them and I about shoved them up my nostrils they smelled so good. It's hard to resist when the scent of the person's food right next to you keeps wafting in your face.
But I am not kicking myself too hard because overall, I know I ate well (I am taking this nutritionist advice seriously but I also recognize I am human). I also exercised a lot over the weekend, even ended up going to the gym with Mel where I did 1/2 hour on the elliptical trainer and burned 300 calories in a shot (and probably more because I did weight machines afterwards). We also walked our asses off (I wish!) and I had a relatively lengthy bike ride Sunday morning....
Oh - and I forgot the best part.....we received an early Christmas gift from Josh's parents - A Wii!!! And Wii fitness!!!.....so we spent hours playing (and finding out just how lamely uncoordinated & out of shape we are).....and I kid you not when I say our arms were actually sore the next day. Wii boxing rocks!
Anyhoo, long story short is that I am sticking to plan this week.....trying to figure meals ahead of time so there is no guess work in what to eat in turn ensuring less potential for falling off the wagon. I am 100% committed.
Today I have a ton of reading & homework to attend to and will head out for a walk a little later or when Josh gets home. I always feel so rejuvenated when I get back from the beach because we exercise so much more when we're there.....I just need to keep it going. Not always the easiest thing to do, especially on mornings when I just want to stay in my snuggly warm robe and curl up on the couch. However, since wearing the snuggly warm robe at the wedding is not an option, this type of behavior isn't doing me any favors so it's outside I go......chilly temps or not.
Overall, I am just hoping for a good week.....and let's face it, a good weigh in on Friday. And as long as I remember what my ultimate goal is, I am confident I can do it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment