Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

WTF????


Ok....so I am feeling kind of......pissed today.
And I think I know why......
My weigh in this AM revealed two things about this diet I am currently on.
#1 - It really sucks - and....
#2 - It isn't working quite as well as I'd hoped.
I'm not sure what I was expecting as I stepped on the scale this morning but whatever it was, it's not what I got.
On Monday I weighed in at 222.3 and today I am down to a whopping 222.....so what the hell is that all about? Seriously????
In addition to the lack of weight loss I feel kind of gassy, sort of constipated and overall just a wee bit bitchy so maybe it's PMS....or maybe I just want a fucking carbohydrate.
I've done these sort of low carb diets before and normally they work but this time around my body has decided to give me shit about denying it the worlds best foods.....or what I deem the world's best foods to be anyway.
I'm not sure what I can do besides keep plugging away and see what happens with in the next week. I just know that if I don't see results by next Friday, I am having some freaking pizza.
As far as I can tell, I have been pretty good with my eating....and I am even trying to stay away from sugar so that the fat I am consuming (in place of carbs) doesn't stick to my ass like glue. But maybe I need to completely cut it out all together???? 
I have no idea....the nutritionist didn't seem concerned about sugar, ironically enough. She was all about staying away from grains, rice, pasta, and flour. She told me I could have my Edie's Fruit Bars.....was I wrong then to assume a small square of dark chocolate was not allowed???
For the first time in my life I am actually confused about food. This is irritating because despite my size, I DO know my nutrition facts and I am an avid label reader. I'm not that clueless schmuck who thinks that getting a serving a dairy means going through the drive through at Wendy's and ordering up a Frosty....
I know that there are good fats and bad fats and eating avacado provides you with good fat but a Big Mac? Not so good....
I also know that a serving size of salad dressing is 2 Tbsp, not a 1/2 cup....(and I will say that although I know this fact, I have a hard time getting through a gigantic salad with a measly 2 Tbsp of dressing!!! So, I usually don't).
My head GETS what I am supposed to do here - so why is my body acting all confused?
Granted, I weighed in a day early and not that I think I am going to miraculously lose something like 10 lbs overnight - but maybe tomorrow morning will be better.
The thing is, I will be at the beach with no scale (for 3 days!!! Help!) and I am really, really, REALLY worried about being there with all of that temptation and being able to stay on track.
But, on the flip side of the coin, I realize the choice is mine and I am choosing to stay focused...
Tomorrow is one year and counting from my wedding day (hard to believe)...and I know that deep down, although the Kohr's Brother's soft serve ice cream and Fisher's caramel popcorn (oh, how I love you both so very, very much) may call my name louder than they ever have before, I will politely ignore their unrelenting pleas to be eaten and shove my face with lettuce instead.....or maybe an apple, since lettuce doesn't exactly travel well......
Anyway, week one down down.....who knows how many more to go???
All I know is I have 87 pounds worth of fat to shed......and I will do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment