Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

All I hear is blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....


Gloomy weather does not make me feel like doing anything but sleeping. Or talking on the phone. It's not raining today but it's just cloudy and cool enough that sitting indoors with a cup of coffee, reading or flipping through my wedding mags is closer to what I'd like to be doing than putting on my sneakers and going out to take a walk or bike ride. The paranoid fat bride side of me says I need to get out there and move my arse today and the delusional lazy idiot side of me says hey, there's always tomorrow.
If I was smart (which is at the moment heavily debatable) I'd take advantage of the fact the humidity today isn't at that 'soak you to the bone' level and get out there now before it changes it's mind. However the allergens floating around out in the atmosphere are kicking my ass at the moment, even with only a few windows open, and they are enough of a nuisance that I can easily convince myself to stay inside. No one likes to walk 5 steps and then sneeze and then walk 5 more steps and then sneeze......you get the picture.
Then again, I do have that lovely treadmill upstairs, away from all things gloom and allergen related so really, my excuses to not exercise won't work here.
Basically I have no real excuses.....so why am I even trying?????
Today's promise: I will get in at least a half hour of walking despite my lack of desire. I have made a pact with myself that if I can spend tons of time online looking at wedding stuff and sending e-mails and playing on Facebook that I can absolutely find time to burn calories for at least 30 minutes.
Why does that seem like such a chore sometimes?
Josh is away on business and I hate when he's gone because he really does motivate me to go out and do as opposed to sit around and do nothing. Taking a walk without him is so much less appealing than taking one with him and the dogs. And today of all days where I have no idea where my iPod is, makes me all the less motivated to do it. Walking for 30 minutes without music or talking feels like 130 minutes. Bo-ring!
While this week the scale is slowly trudging it's way down after my beach week of non-dieting (223 lbs today) I still find that I need to light a bonfire under my ample ass and really push myself. I wish I could hire a trainer but unfortunately that's not in the budget at the moment. I think I could radically benefit from someone literally kicking my ass into shape. Someone who wouldn't put up with my whining and excuses and make me do what I absolutely KNOW I need to do.
However as of today, I'm all I've got so I will hunt to find my iPod, go throw on some sneakers and kick those excuses to the curb.....






No comments:

Post a Comment