Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Eating Fruity = Smaller Patootie???


It's 7 AM and I have been up for about a half hour just putzing around the house, making my coffee and making the bed....and weighing myself.
I am happy to report I am down to 221 lbs today and think I may have discovered the magic solution to dropping some pounds, at least for my stubborn body -  but the solution sort of sucks and here's why.....
For the past 2 nights I have had fruit for dinner. And no, it wasn't in pie form. Dinner has consisted of an apple and banana and maybe some small form of protein, such as two grilled chicken tenders or a cup of yogurt. It's a very low calorie meal (if you don't include the martini - whoops!) and doesn't weigh me down before I go to bed, yet because of the fiber I feel surprisingly full. Washing it down with the world's biggest glass of water may have something to do with helping in that area. It also helps with having to get up a gagillion times to pee during the night which is super freaking annoying and something I thought only 90 year old women do. Um, apparently not.
The problem is that after only 2 days, I kind of miss having a "real" dinner since that's really the only meal Josh and I eat together now that he has been going into the office and not working from home. But I won't argue with results since I have lost 3 lbs since the beginning of the week and the scale hasn't moved like that for me since God knows when?????
I'm going to give it a few more days and see what the results are.....this doesn't necessarily seem like something I could live with everyday but it might work if I do it half the week and then eat a salad for dinner the other half.  As I mentioned in a previous post, it's all about finding what works for you as an individual. For Josh, it's eating an 80 calorie cup of yogurt for breakfast but I can't do that because an hour after I'd eat that tiny little cup 'o'mush, I'd be wanting to chew my leg off I'd be so damn hungry. So breakfast is a must for me.....apparently it's the dinner fare that is negotiable. Damn.
Being home all day is also proving to be a challenge. I have been unemployed for 5 months now which I almost can't believe! While I am not bored per se, I surely have not been as busy as I was at work or even when I was taking my summer class. It's true what they say - the devil will find work for idle hands to do, and that "work" may or may not consist of shoving food down my gullet if I don't watch myself and figure out another plan of action. Staying busy should be easy since there is plenty I could be doing - such as work around the house (cleaning - fun!!!) and planning the wedding (making phone calls to pushy know-it-all dj's and videographers - fun!!!!) and making use of the treadmill upstairs (sweating - fun!!!)......the problem is I tend to like to sit at my computer and write or surf the internet for wedding ideas.....which does keep me rather busy but it's not enough of a distraction that I don't stop thinking about grabbing a snack. Being at a computer and eating is the perfect recipe for disaster. I definitely need more of a diversion.
Cleaning is actually a very good option since I am pretty sure the combination of Endust fumes and food do not go hand in hand. Making calls to potential wedding vendors would work too since chomping potato chips in a vendor's ear probably isn't the most courteous act and my chomping probably wouldn't make him be chomping at the bit to work my wedding. And there's that old treadmill. Walking at 4mph and eating a sandwich is just begging for the Heimlich Maneuver (which the dogs have informed me they don't know how to do so I would be completely screwed).
So there are my options until school starts again which is sure to make me so busy my head will be spinning (which when you think about it, would also make eating extremely difficult - bonus!).
For now, I'll channel my inner Carmen Miranda and continue my fruit for dinner experiment to see what my body does without a plate full of food at night. As for today, I am getting out of the house for a much needed haircut and a trip to AC Moore to check out some DIY possibilities for the wedding (invites, save the date cards, etc.) so I've at least got some filler to my day that will take me far away from the belly-fillers in the fridge.....
Tomorrow is Friday, my official weigh day, and I am praying to hit at least 220. I MUST break through this 10 lb barrier. It's been three months and that's far too long......time to cha-cha-cha change this body for good!





No comments:

Post a Comment