Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Changing my 'tude


Happy Sunny Tuesday!
Ah, the difference a day can make! Or maybe it's really about the difference a 45 minute walk can make. Apparently it can turn that shitty attitude I had yesterday into one of pure hope and determination - at least for today, anyway.
Perhaps I should exercise more often? Now there's a thought.
Also adding to my giddy glee is the fact I found out yesterday that the horrendous assignment I thought was due on Monday is actually just a skeleton version of the assignment - the real deal is due in 2 weeks - Whew! I feel like I just dodged a bullet. That means I might get to go see some friends from the old Easton office on Friday - if I get the rest of my crap done - of which there is plenty. I'm observing again on Thurs so we'll see - that really cuts into my homework time - I get so unmotivated to do anything after spending the day with 20 first graders....but it would be nice to get out for a bit and socialize with the girls (although I have slight guilt pangs for leaving Josh on a Friday night.....I mean, we ARE newlyweds.....).
I honestly don't have much to share today other than the scale seems to be holding steady this AM - even after my non-Weight Watchers endorsed peanut M & M dinner last night - a la vending machine. I knew that was going to happen and still didn't prepare for it. That old WW motto "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail" is so true - and yet, I often ignore it's infinite wisdom. Why is that?
I'm not exactly sure why I didn't grab the yogurt and banana I had intended to take along with me last night - all I do know is that I didn't grab it and 250 calories and 13 grams of fat later, I was feeling the candy guilties big time (at least that bag contained 12 grams of protein - it's only redeeming value)....
This is such a vicious cycle with me. Again, it all boils down to mindful eating but obviously I have yet to master that concept. But I will....
On an high note, I found an awesome weight loss blog yesterday called Bigger Than My Body at http://cryswwjourney.blogspot.com and it is truly inspiring. I love the way this chick writes and can relate to everything she talks about in her blog.....it's a fun read so I decided to start back in her 2009 archives and read the blog in order. I get the feeling she has fallen off the WW wagon a few times too, and it is always comforting to read that other people share your same problems and share the same sentiments the way you do about being overweight. As I started to read it yesterday, I felt like I had just found a fantastic new book to read - it really got me hooked. I got a few posts read during the day while I should have been doing homework. I look forward to reading more today....
Well, that is really all I have for this morning....I'm happy I got up and moved my ass (despite my not really wanting to) and I'm happy I get to begin this day with a clean state and renewed sense of determination. Each day is chance to start again - each day will bring me closer to what I want if I just believe in myself.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.
~Tommy Lasorda

Well put, Tommy. Well put.

No comments:

Post a Comment