Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Let's Get Physical


My ass is sore.
Not just my ass, but more like my entire lower body. Two days of exercising down, and I feel like Mike Tyson just used my ass cheeks, thighs & calves as punching bags while training for the heavy weight title. I gotta ask. Just how fucking out of shape am I?
If it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not-ish....
Today was actually a very good day. It was the first time I have seen the scale go in the reverse direction in a very, very long time. Not to be completely disgusting, but I was hoping to drop the kids off at the pool (so to speak) before I weighed in (oh come on, like you don't aim for the same thing before stepping on a scale) but no such luck. According to my dear friend Sheryl, who is a registered nurse (so I trust her), a good dump is equivalent to 2 lbs of crap in your colon. It's repulsive, I realize, and maybe isn't the most appropriate of blog banter but hey, 2 lbs is 2 lbs and I'll take it any way I can get it.
So, despite my bowels going on a mini strike, I'm still down to 228.2 lbs today and although it's no huge loss, it's still a loss so, yeah, I'm overjoyed. 
My fiance (whom I shall refer to simply as J going forward) decided he's in this thing with me, for better or worse. According to him, it was the look of sheer horror and frustration on my face as I was going from one outfit to the next, to the next, to the next (none of which fit) that spurned him on to being my very own at home Jillian Michaels. He felt bad for me and doesn't like to see me upset so he said he'd help me, whatever it takes. God I love this man!
The support thing is HUGE for me. Having the one person I live with and love more than anything do this with me step by step is what is going to make it happen this time for good. It's comforting knowing I don't have to worry about him sitting in front of me, with a huge bowl of ice cream or piece of chocolate cake while I begrudgingly munch on a carrot stick. We are in it together and will stick by each each other through the good, the bad and the ugly. And I do suspect this could get ugly as I start to go through my sugar and fat detox. Never mind Leaving Las Vegas.....this is called Leaving Fatville. I'm determined to get the hell out of there.
Although I know that exercise will be the catalyst to accelerate this process, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around having to actually sweat every damn day. Right now, I'm trying to embrace my current agonizing soreness and think of it as "good pain" (also known as total "bullshit") until I start to pick up my fitness level. J is relentless and methodical in doing this now though so I know there can be no bitching (he is doing this for me after all). At the end of the day I have no choice, really. I have exactly 4 pairs of shorts/pants that I can zip and button closed, vs. the 20 pairs I can't zip & button and I know the 4 that do won't last forever. 
Since J has to go into the office most days he has opted to get up an hour earlier than normal (5:15) and we walk with the dogs at least 3 miles in one hour. The pooches really seem to love it. Me? Not so much, especially at that hour. Then when he gets home at night we take a 20 - 30 minute bike ride (which I actually really do love) before dinner to rev up the old metabolism before we eat. That combined with a substantially reduced caloric intake should do the trick. 
And if it doesn't, Lap Band here I come.





No comments:

Post a Comment