Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Ready or not, here I come....


It's another lovely Monday and the sun is finally burning off the misty grey clouds that were hanging in the sky earlier this morning. Today is going to be an absolute perfect beach day.
If I were at the beach, that is.
The sad reality is that I am still at home in NJ and have to go to class tonight. I'm finally in the home stretch with only 2 more classes to go and will be (fingers crossed) beach bound Wed evening after class to begin my 9  day stretch of becoming zen with the sun, sand and surf. Which translates into "I really need to get my ass in gear" because I have much to accomplish before I go. This is my usual style though - wait until  the last minute to get all of my crap together.....which includes doing laundry, packing, getting a haircut and dying my hair, all which I should have done at some point over the weekend. Will I ever learn?
Probably not.
By all rights I should be panicking on multiple levels. After all, this IS a beach vacation we're talking about. Lots of skin baring and all that not-so-good stuff I have been dreading for the past, oh, let's see -  lifetime??? This month has downright SUCKED for weight loss. I really should go upstairs and try on my bathing suit to make sure it fits but I am bloated from the wrath of Aunt Edna who has over the past 2 days taken my uterus and my normally happy disposition hostage and is demanding a heavy ransom, apparently to be paid in pounds (and we're not talking British currency here), for their return. I jumped on the scale this morning just to confirm my nagging suspicion that the weight lost last week has re-claimed it's territory and sure enough, I was back at 223 this morning. Sonofabitch!
I'm not even going to feign surprise since I realize this past weekend wasn't exactly a health-fest so even with out a raging period I shouldn't have been expecting miracles. And if I think about it, a gain of only 1.6 lbs (I say only like it's not a big deal even though it KILLS me), isn't the worst thing that could happen to my body, all things considered. 
So much for that last post where I said I would NEVER see that number again....I think I really need to choose my words more carefully in the future.
J and I went to an Iron Pigs baseball game on Saturday night with our friends, Mike & Janet. It was the perfect night to be outside and I felt like a new woman since the past few weekends I have been trapped inside the house working on my various school projects. The sun was shining, it was warm with a light breeze and I was being social for the first time in what felt like ages! It was like a caged beast had been let loose, and I admit -  I went a little ape shit. I won't bore you with all the gory details but here are some consumption highlights depicting what a little PMS and freedom can do to a person on the edge:
Beer, the fabulous & famous taco from Mach's Gute (with a FRIED shell), one jalapeno popper, a little spinach & artichoke dip, beer, beer, soft pretzel, beer....... BlughBlaghGagBarf.
I know....bad news.
However, I think because I am so excited to go to the beach, I am letting this all kind of slide off my back for right now. I know that this vacation will entail a lot of exercise and that's good because there is no way I can get through 9 days at the Delaware beaches without having a Louie's cheeseburger sub. It would be sacrilegious. But at least I can kayak it off or bike it off or walk it off.....the options for exercise down there are endless. I still look like I'm ready for my close up for the cover of Cottage Cheese Thighs Monthly but I am going to try to not let that ruin my vacation.
What I am really hoping, is for this vacation to act as the catalyst to re-jump start my exercise regimen since the past month has been a relatively sedentary one - except for my fingers which worked out every day due to my projects for school. However, I'm not sure that you burn many calories typing.....I should look into that.
While I am at the beach, I also have to figure out what Plan C for the wedding is since my venue got booked for the day I was planning next May. I am beginning to think there is some dark cloud hanging over these wedding plans and I just can't find a place to suit my taste or budget that also fits into the time frame I need. I'll have 9 days to work on it so hopefully I'll have updates when I get back. 
Anyway, I guess I should probably go tackle that 'to do' list since time is a wastin'. I have 4 hours until I have to get ready for class and I can at the very least do a little cleaning and packing. I can actually zip some (not all) of my shorts now, believe it or not. 
I still have my class presentation to prepare for Wednesday but for some reason am not so focused on that at the moment.....I should be, but I'm not. My brain is already on vacation and the focus I had last week has gone else where.....
Right now, all I can think about is the smell of salt water, the sound of crashing waves, the sparkle of the sun on the ocean and my soon to be Coppertone tan!
Bring it on.......







No comments:

Post a Comment