Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Damn You Louie's Pizza & Your Irresistable Cheeseburger Subs


Well, it's Happy Humpday for those in the working world and just a plain old Wednesday here for the 'at home and unemployed'. I was just in the middle of doing a million and one things to get ready to leave for the beach tonight. We plan to take off shortly after Josh gets home and time is a tickin'. Why I decided to sit down and blog, I have no idea.
It's sort of dreary outside, with distant rumbles of thunder. The humidity is heavy as hell so it isn't exactly motivating to run around the house sweating like a pig, despite the potential to actually burn some calories. It's really stuffy in here right now, especially upstairs where I don't have the AC on full blast.
I still have quite a bit on my to do list such as run to the pharmacy for my baby-prevention pills, finish packing and do at least one more load of laundry and possibly then I can chillax for a bit. This trip to the beach isn't exactly all pleasure. We have a bunch of wedding details to tackle which I am actually looking forward to doing. Yes folks - contrary to all the shit that has been going on  - we are doing this!
I'm feeling pretty good in general today, maybe because I squared things away with my financial aid and no longer have that weighing on my mind. I also re-confirmed the reception venue and it turns out, the date was not given to another couple so as it stands, Oct 9, 2010 is still the wedding day! Thank the Lord!
Diet-wise I am doing all-right today - no major catastrophes to speak of. So far I have only consumed a bowl of Fiber One frosted wheat cereal and for lunch I may have a grilled skinless chicken thigh and some salad. I'm not all that hungry because I am pretty sure that Fiber One cereal has expanded to 10 times it's normal size in my stomach by now since I guzzled a large glass of water after I ate it. That stuff is like a fiber filled sponge....but at least it keeps me full and not digging for chocolate a half hour after I eat it. Plus it actually tastes good - not all cardboard-y and nasty like you'd expect from a cereal who's name begins with the word FIBER.
And best of all - it keeps ya regular!!!!
While I know I'm not supposed to weight myself every day, I do think it helps keep me on track so I'm giving myself permission to do so, at least for now. I was happy to see that I was 223.6 lb this morning so the scale is once again, slowly moving in the right direction.
I plan on not making the same mistake twice and thinking that just because I am exercising while at the beach, it means that I can gorge myself on Mexican food and ice cream. This trip is really less pleasure and more business anyway so maybe I won't feel the need to go overboard this time around. We're also planning ahead this time and packing healthy foods to take along with us anyway so the need to dine out will be less this way. Ah, but those Louie's cheeseburger subs......how can I be in Rehoboth Beach and NOT have one? Is that even possible? Anyone that knows me knows this is my all time favorite indulgence while at the Delaware beaches. I don't know if they put crack in those things or if it's just some childhood nostalgia thing that makes me think they are so freaking delicious but I do know I have never been to Rehoboth Beach and NOT eaten at least one while visiting there. This is a true test and I can't make any promises right now but I will try my hardest to resist the power of Louie's.....Stay tuned....
At least I am looking forward to doing some biking and kayaking while there (which won't negate the damage done by a Louie's cheeseburger sub; but should I happen to consume one, it will help to burn off at least some of those calories). Exercise is definitely in store for the next few days. And Josh and I have also been walking the past 2 days so hopefully that will become a habit once again. Except I think I much rather prefer walking in the early AM.....less swarming gnats which seem to really dig my hairspray and like to form a traveling posse that buzz around my head like a bunch of annoying assholes. There is not enough Deep Woods Off in the universe to fend these suckers off and it makes the evening walk much less enjoyable, as I have a hard time swatting, cursing and walking at the same time. 
Anyway, main goals to accomplish by the end of the weekend are to book a photographer and maybe a wedding cake baker and take some measurements of the reception venue so I can start to plan some things.....
Maybe keeping super busy will be the way to take my mind off of eating, although if my past tells me anything, I tend to chow down on bad shit in times of stress. Note to self: Must try to reverse that very bad behavior.
Anyway, that's really about all that's going on for the moment.....not much else to report. 
What can I say? It's been a slow day. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment